Home > About > Rules
Nothing is Fun Without Rules, Isn't It ?
• All members must be at least 13 years of age.
• We support only Flight Simulator 9, FSX (both boxed and Steam), Prepar3D, Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 and X Plane Simulators.
• Membership is free.
• Members must install our flight logging client "smartCARS" from our download section for flying.
• IVAO, VATSIM or POSCON membership is not required, but encouraged.
• New members must fly their first flight within the first 15 days of joining the VA.
• Members must fly at least 1 flight a month to remain active.
• Pilots can request leave if they are unable to fly for extended period of time.
• Double dipping (Flying the same flight for 2 different VAs at the same time is not allowed)
• All Pilots are initially assigned with rank 'Trainee' automatically once membership is Accepted. This rank can only be promoted if the pilot logs more than required virtual flying hours as per our Ranks section of the website.
• All Pilots should register with a valid E-mail ID.
• Hub Transfers cannot be done since hubs are only for administrative purposes.
• All members should respect each other among the VA.
• Engaging in arguments/fights/debates that disrupt the operations on the VA will lead to Termination.
• Involving in any argument/debate related to Politics or Religion is strictly prohibited.
•Reasonable Airmanship is expected on each flight.
• As a Pilot of GCC Virtual, all flights conducted and reported (PIREPS) shall ONLY use the aircraft that the particular airline has in its fleet. [ For Eg: Emirates does not have Boeing 737-800 in its fleet. You decided to fly with a 737 on a flight scheduled and operated by Emirates. Such PIREPS will be immediately Rejected. ]
• We belive in "The best, or nothing" and hence, we reiterate the touchdown rate at all airflied(s) shall no more than -600FPM. If the Pilot has performed a landing which goes beyond the maximum permissable landing rate, he/she shall have a denied PIREP or Manual pirep .
• We also understand that life doesn't always go as planned, such as a Flight Simulator crash. We welcome you to still file a MANUAL PIREP, provided with a copy of "Log of Flight Events" from your ACARS Tracking Client.
• We would also like to add, that once your PIREP is recorded, it will be accepted within the time period of 24 hours from time of filing if no objection is found.
• In case the Pilot wants to fly for an event which has routes that are uncharted by GCC Virtual and still wants to log hours under their belt, we encourage our Pilot(s) to book a charter flight which can be done using the charter page which can be found under the Flight Operations category of our CrewCenter.
• For all of the tours & events (unless specified;) Manual PIREPS due to excessive Landing rates will NOT* be accepted, however Manual PIREPS due to Failures & Emergencies will be accepted.
• Entering a comment when flight expectations are exceeded will almost always be considered favourably.
• Changing aircraft after starting smartCARS is not allowed.
• Diverts are allowed with the following considerations Must add a comment to your report with these items: State the flight is a divert, Divert ICAO and Reason for divert - Example: Diverted to OKBK. Weather below landing minimums.
• PIREPs found with below rules will be rejected
a. Time acceleration in Sim.
b. Slewing (Slew mode)
c. Mid Air-refuelling
d. Pausing mid-flight. (Pausing for max 1 hour during T/D is allowed)
• Landing Rate Rules
Landing Rate below -600fpm -> PIREP will be accepted.
Landing Rate above -600fpm but below -750fpm -> PIREP will be rejected, but you are allowed to file a Manual PIREP with a reasonable excuse for the excessive landing rate.
Landing Rate is above -750fpm -> PIREP will be rejected, No manual PIREP is allowed.
• If Your sim crashes during approach manual PIREP is accepted but with the flight logs proof. Pilots should mention their explanation in the flight PIREP, on the Remark section before submitting).
• All pilots can fly maximum of 10 Charter Flights of their Choice per month.
• All GCC Virtual scheduled flight operations, has a designated aircraft section on the Flight Plan. This is the preferred aircraft type. There is no restriction for changing the aircraft type with according to our fleet exchange sheet criteria (Flight Operation/Fleet exchange sheet)
• Pilots should not book a virtual flight if they are not sure of flying it within scheduled departure time of 48 hours from the virtual flight booking time
• GCC Virtual's mission is to create and maintain a realistic virtual airline simulation experience in a responsible and respectful fashion. Our goal is to promote flight simulation and the virtual airline community. In order to uphold our high standards, GCC Virtual members or "pilots", are required to abide by our codes of conduct outlined in this page. Failure to do so will result in an immediate termination from this airline.
• Basic communication and announcements will be sent as a NOTAM by GCC Virtual's Internal Mailing Service, iMail. However, crucial Information shall be mailed to the Pilot at His/her registered email address. The Pilot can choose either of the services to get in contact with the staff regarding any issues
• Each pilot is obligated to follow all codes of conduct while utilizing or affiliating themselves with GCC Virtual. We will not tolerate any form of inappropriate, or offensive comments/statements, cyberbullying, harassment, or any form of intimidation with fellow Pilots or non-members. GCC Virtual will investigate reports of users violating these policies. This also extends outside of the GCC Virtual website. GCC Virtual serves the right to terminate any membership at any time without explanation, reason, or justification.
• GCC Virtual does not involve in political/regional or religious conflicts. It is strictly prohibited to involve us or any of our staff in such conflicts. Discussing/Debating or Arguing about such conflicts among our community will be dealt with immediate action or in worse cases permanent termination.
• GCC Virtual has a zero-tolerance policy for piracy of any kind. Pirating will result in an immediate termination and notification to the necessary parties, companies, and agencies.
• As a token of appreciation, the Pilot of the Month, Pilot of the Year and other active participants in the Virtual Airline activities, shall be awarded and inducted in GCC Virtual Hall of Fame.
• vMoney (Rewards for Flight Hours) will NOT be substituted/accounted for any form of real-world currencies.
• An amazing pilot group is paramount to GCC Virtual's success, and as such, we encourage pilots to share their thoughts and suggestions with our staff at any time.
• GCC Virtual strives to be one of the most creative, positive, and rewarding virtual airlines. In order to achieve this goal, our community has to be a leader in all of these fields. This starts by our user base respecting and promoting our policies and principles. To protect this mission, GCC Virtual reserves the right to terminate any pilot at any time for any reason in addition to a violation of any of the codes of conduct. Users who do not agree with these terms are not eligible for membership.
• GCC Virtual encourages pilots to fly online. Pilots are required to adhere to the policies of the online client. If the pilot is unfamiliar with those policies, read the policies before logging in. If you have any questions regarding online policies, contact the appropriate party to clarify. GCC Virtual will consider a violation of online policies a violation of our policies and we will investigate any reports of misconduct while utilizing an online client.
Rules and Regulations to be followed on our Official Discord Server.
Please take your time to familiarize yourself with the rules set out below.
We want everyone here to have a good time.
Failure to abide by the rules will result in Permanent Removal from the server - No Exceptions.
⦿ GCC Virtual's Rules and CoC apply here. Refer to https://icrew.gcc-va.com/index.php/Documentation
⦿ Always be kind and courteous. Give the respect you want to receive.
⦿ Please set your nickname to your GCC ID | REGISTERED NAME. [ For Example: GCC001 | Sayed Zaafir ] Roles will be automatically assigned to you within 24 hours.
⦿ Each channel has been created for specific topics or purposes.
⦿ No links may contain advertisements of any kind, pornography, racism, or disturbing links.
⦿ Starting or engaging in arguments/debates about politics or religion is strictly prohibited.
⦿ Swearing is NOT encouraged on this server, Please keep it to a minimum. If reported by someone, Proper consequences may follow.
⦿ Threatening anyone in this server will not be tolerated.
⦿ Advertising your Discord Server or YouTube channel without our permission is strictly prohibited.
⦿ We do not encourage piracy. If found, proper consequences will follow.
⦿ Special Roles will not be granted to anyone.
If you have any questions feel free to reach out to our Staff.